”“...and I met yesterday to work on the student guide for how to use the Population Dynamics C&L in the context of R zero and pandemics. We were delighted to see that there is a new appearance to the Click & Learn and even more functionality. It's fantastic!”—A high school educator
- Product owner
- Product design
- Interaction design
- Visual design
- UX research
- Make sure the action items are clear at each stage
- Minimize the equations and calculations on screen
- Establish clear visual hierarchy by grouping relevant components
- Chunk information into bit size bits
- Preload users with required knowledge
- Scaffold content and put advanced information into tooltips
- The app was successfully redesigned and built in 2.5 months!
- When resource was limited, some quick UX research design methods were used effectively.
- More users found it easier to teach this abstract concept using this app.
- This topic can be very dry, I would like to spend more time to make the content more engaging, for example, through usage of graphics.
- During the development, we had to design some work-arounds to achieve some complex functions due to the tight timeline. If I had more time, I’d like explore other potential approaches/designs.